LICADD’s Programs and Services
We have been on a mission to save lives for over 66 years. Our staff is dedicated to helping individuals, families and members of the workplace prevent or recover from alcoholism and other drug addictions and to address other concerns that keep them from their full potential. We work to further this mission by being passionately engaged in the following initiatives:
- Advocacy Initiatives: work to increase awareness of, and lessen the potential impact of alcoholism and drug dependence. Through our collaborative efforts, we strive to shape public policy and practice in ways that support healthy and safe individuals, families, schools, and communities. LICADD is an affiliate of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and maintains interactive relationships with our partners in the treatment community.
- Open Arms Employee and Union Member Assistance Services: Long Island’s oldest and most established non-profit EAP provides confidential crisis intervention services, evaluation and assessment, brief interventions, screened referrals and follow-up services for a broad spectrum of personal concerns for employees of Long Island’s companies, labor unions, and school districts. We offer EAP services on Long Island, in New York City, and across the Eastern seaboard.
Throughout its history, LICADD has been acclaimed as a leading source of prevention through education and early intervention strategies to solve addiction and family-related problems. No other agency on Long Island has amassed a track record for over 66 years, transforming the stigma associated with addiction and assisting Long Islanders of all ages through accurate information and positively charged personal testimony.
As an independent and voluntary not-for-profit agency whose only affiliation is with the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD), we can objectively tailor our programs and services purely in the best interests of our clients.
LICADD’s administrative expertise and responsive managerial structures are evident at all levels of agency operations. The organization is effectively able to balance its professional orientation as a health care agency with the business skills necessary to operate efficiently and effectively. Attention to professional standards is reflected in the agency’s accounting systems, budget and fiscal operation, personnel practices, planning activities and programming operations.
Throughout the agency’s history, the governance has been and continues to be, representative of the community with the Board of Directors being composed of business leaders, professionals from diverse fields, and concerned laypersons.
LICADD’s staff includes Clinical Social Workers, Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors and Certified Employee Assistance Professionals.
The organization maintains a wide support base in the community because of the population served by the agency’s programs. The legitimacy and importance of the agency’s services is clearly recognized and supported.
Through voluntary contributions, some foundation support and special events, LICADD has been able to provide many of its services at modest fee levels, or in some cases based on donations. Money is not, and has never been, a barrier to securing LICADD’s help.
For more information:
- Counseling and Referral - email@example.com
- Family Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anger Management - email@example.com
- Eating disorders - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grief & Loss - email@example.com
- Group Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Assistance Program - email@example.com