Start2Stop – Educational Counseling
This is a professionally facilitated psycho-educational series for individuals who have had some involvement with drug and/or alcohol use, but may not yet be ready to seek treatment or live a substance-free life.
Start2Stop is also perfect for those who are awaiting placement into inpatient or outpatient chemical dependency treatment. Individuals will learn to identify and change the thought process of substance abuse and how it can negatively affect their lives.
In order to participate, we ask that you complete a two-part assessment to determine appropriateness.
- Explore their substance abuse experiences
- Examine attitudes about drugs and alcohol
- Learn more about the consequences of use
- Understand the impact drug use has had on their life
- Consider the impact continued use will have