Employment & Internships
LICADD is committed to staff development and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package to its employees. We value diversity in all its forms and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage LMSWs, LCSWs, CASACs and CEAPs to submit their resumes for part-time and full-time positions. You may fax your resume to us or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we are unable to take phone calls from employment candidates.
Director Of Philanthropy
- DONOR DEVELOPMENT: Working with the Executive Director, establish and implement a complete development plan for the organization. Plan will include annual giving, corporate sponsorships, major gifts, direct mail, special events, and third party events, on line fund raising and planned giving programs.
- Create a fundraising strategy and manage all activities to achieve and exceed all fundraising revenue goals
- In coordination with Executive Director, systematically identify prospects and build and sustain relationships with current, new and potential grant-making foundations and individual donors.
- Develop and implement effective appeals to individuals, corporations and foundations, broadening LICADD’S pool of donors.
- Work with Executive Director to support board involvement in fundraising through regular communication and joint prospecting, and support board members to effectively identify, cultivate and steward donor prospects.
- Interact with grant writing team on proposal writing, follow-up and reporting to foundations and corporations.
- Oversee the development and ongoing integrity and functionality of the donor database.
- EVENTS: Plan, administer and execute (in collaboration with development staff and volunteers) all fundraising and events associated with the agency.
- Manage all event committees. Coordinate meetings, keep committee members focused and on track with confirmed responsibilities and ensuring goals of the event are met.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Controller to prepare revenue/expense budgets for all events.
- Provide detailed reports about the fundraising progress of events to the Executive Director and finance department on a regular basis.
- Oversee and serve as liaison to all approved third party events to ensure community involvement and consistency of agency messages.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Work closely with the Executive Director and staff to create and disseminate compelling publicity about LICADD using a wide variety of media.
- Ensure a relevant and dynamic internet presence using LICADD’S website, other relevant websites and appropriate social media tools.
- Oversee design and production of an annual report and other literature for funders and constituents that illuminate the organization’s mission, purpose, services, accomplishments and financial position.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to implement timely and accurate press releases, enewsletters and oversee community outreach among constituents.
- Work with the Executive Director to coordinate press events and other activities designed to increase LICADD’S community profile.
- Leverage LICADD’S stellar reputation to reach out to community organizations in an effort to cultivate relationships and develop new partnerships.
- MANAGEMENT: The Director of Philanthropy will work together with the Executive Director and management team to develop work plans and budgets that ensure LICADD’S programmatic and financial success.
- Work with the Executive Director and Controller to develop budgets that will meet LICADD’S Board-approved financial goals.
- Work with the Controller to ensure adequate and timely accounting of all expenses and revenues.
- Supervise and support volunteers and interns satisfaction. development staff, outside consultants, to ensure maximum productivity and
- Serve as a key member of LICADD’s management team, helping to execute board-approved policy and program plans and furthering LICADD’S track record of success.
LICADD is committed to the professional development of students and welcomes interns pursuing degrees in social work, psychology, counseling, public health and other related disciplines. For more information about current supervised internship opportunities, please contact Lauren Laurore, LMSW (Email), LMSW at (516) 747-2606 or email@example.com.
Here’s an exciting opportunity we have available right now:
Social Media and Communications Intern
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of LICADD’s social media strategy utilizing Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Strengthen LICADD’s presence on multiple social media platforms and leverage these arenas to increase awareness and participation in agency programs and events.
- Track and report results of our social media activities.
- Assist in the creation and design of new internal and external communication materials.
- Help out with other social media and traditional projects as needed.
- Working on a degree in Communications, Marketing, and/or Public Relations.
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and utilizing social media for cause-related entities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- We’d like you to be committed to LICADD’s mission and goals.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in graphic design a plus.
We’ll give you professional supervision, some great experience and you’ll gain a wonderful sense of pride in helping others. We’re happy to cooperate with your school so that you can earn college credits for your hard work. For more information, please call us at 516-747-2606 or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.